• Work from community development principles and methods
• Provide support and act as a catalyst for community development activity
• Act as a resource in the communities of which they are a part
• Provide co-ordination and co-operation between community, voluntary and statutory groups in their areas
• Involve representatives of groups which experience poverty and social exclusion within their management structures.
There are currently 180 Community Development Projects (CDPs) and 10 support agencies funded under the Community Development Programme. There were just 15 CDPs in 1990.
Edenmore is one of those 180 CDPs operating across Ireland.